
Ned and I went to the Shakespearean Festival last weekend for his birthday--really, that is what he wanted for his birthday! (I'm lucky that Ned loves plays and concerts for presents, it means I always benefit from his gifts). It was very fun--Friday we saw Two Gentleman of Verona and on Saturday we saw The School for Wives. All day saturday we hung out in the hotel room--napped, read, vegitated. In the evening before the play on Saturday we went to a place recommended by several people called the Garden House--it was fabulous food and great atmosphere.

Before the plays each evening they have a show called the "Green Show" where you sit on the lawn (green) and watch some theatrics--song's, dances, etc. Gets you warmed up for the real stuff. It was fun. Also before the play you can go hear about the plays you are going to watch that night. The person who speaks at this is the person who started the festival--he is so interesting and of course dramatic to listen to and it makes the plays more enjoyable because he tells you about the story and other fun details.
3 comments:
OK--I figure if I leave my mark on everyones blog they can find me!
Sounds like a fun birthday celebration. You two make the cutest couple. BTW--this is Julie in AZ.
Hope you all are well and happy!
Life is always full of blips and bumps but there are happy fun days as well!
Luv ya kiddo--
I love the Shakespearean Festival. I'm sure you had a wonderful time.
Love the pic...and I agree with you. It's always fun to give those kinds of gifts.
Post a Comment