Sunday, January 2, 2011

Shopping and Social Work


Shopping Spree...
It's what I consider a shopping spree anyway. $40.00 dollars of fun. That is what is fun to me~buying two or three things for a cheap price. I got 3 pair of earings from Forever 21 for $1.50 a piece. Then I got a few more things from Icing, the store (cute blue and copper nail polish). Do you see the ring in the middle? It's the princess Diana ring which is now a new hot item because of Prince William and Kate Middleton. My ring was a touch less expensive than the royal version; $12.00.


My LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker)This sweet little puppy is the culmination of about 15 years of work. I always just wanted to be a stay at home mom, but an unexpected turn came around for me in my life and I knew I had to get a career. I decided I wanted to have my masters in Social Work and I knew it would take about 3 years to get my bachelors degree and about 2 years for my masters degree and then 2-3 more years to get my LCSW license. It has been a 15 year journey for me (since I worked for a few years in-between my bachelors and masters). I'm so happy I'm at the end of obtaining this piece of paper, that represents all my hard work, and this goal for myself.

6 comments:

Marche Shay said...

Love the jewelry! And congrats on getting your degree! That is so exciting.

Brooke B said...

I'm so proud of you Mom! Thats SO much hard work right there in that little piece a paper!

Anonymous said...

It's too bad it's just a piece of paper, they should give you a car or something! I love your finds!

Pyatt said...

Congrats on your LCSW...I'm so glad to have met you on that long journey of yours. You are someone who leaves a deep footprint in the lives you touch. I will always love you and your kids...and that darn broken ankle story!! :) You deserve the best!

Vera said...

You worked hard for that.... and I'm thinking a $40.00 shopping spree sounds great about now.... Dang I wish I had $40.00.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! That is one heck of an achievement. Good for you!