Saturday, December 11, 2010

Oregon Trip part 2

Oregon Beauty! One of the many lighthouses we saw.



Astoria is also the home of the filming of Goonies and this is the Goonies house (this was a Ned request to see this house...)






For you Kindergarten Cop fans, this is the school in Astoria that was in the move.












These pictures are so beautiful. Ned and I are standing on the Astoria tower, in Astoria. This is where the Columbia River flows into the Pacific Ocean.



































After Astoria we drove up to Washington State and went to Long Beach. We took a little drive and drove to the very tip of a peninsula. This is what our GPS looked like. All the blue is the Ocean and I thought it was funny that it showed our car driving on this scary patch of land surrounded by ocean.





















This picture is showing you the temp. gauge on our car. We had left HOT Utah and almost the whole time we were in Oregon the temp. was about 60-65 degrees. It was refreshingly cool. But I missed a little sun. (Hey, even though my picture was facing the right way on my computer, when I copied it here it is facing the wrong way~anybody know why??)



























Classic Oregon Coast Icons; Blueberries and Hydrangeas everywhere. I was going nuts over these beautiful plants. I love them and people had them growing in their yards. They probably wouldn't do so well in hot, dry or freezing temps of Utah.














































4 comments:

Pyatt said...

Love this big trip...makes me want to plan one with Dave and Mackenzie...so many place to see!!! When are you guys doing Southern California again?

Anonymous said...

I love those flowers, if we move to CA it will be my first order of business!

Unknown said...

Loved your pics. I have never been to Oregon or Washington. Looks beautiful! Glad you're back to blogging. :)

Cathy said...

Now you know all the reason's we loved the pacific Northwest! There really is too much sun here! I love the pic of you with your glasses. YOu are truly adorable!