
Ned and I taped and then watched the Michael Jackson memorial today. Between watching that and watching all the specials this past week I have to say that Michael Jackson was an incredible musician and performer! He has had so very many great songs such as, Gone Too Soon, I'll Be There, Human Nature, Say, Say, Say, Man In The Mirror, Black or White, Heal The World, etc... Many of his songs have important messages--many about uniting. He was a humanitarian, he supported many charities, a civil rights activist and tried to break down barriers in racism. I don't know about his personal struggles--he had many. I don't think we have any proof of the allegations made against him regarding children--God will judge that one. I think I'm going to download some fantastic Michael Jackson music on my Ipod and ENJOY.
7 comments:
he had some pretty sweet moves too!
My two cents as well: He chose drugs knowing what they may do to him over those three beautiful children. They are now left with only memories of their only parent. why are we making him out to be such a Hero and wonderful human being. Lets leave that role open for those that truely deserve it. I will say though that he was a world class performer.
Hero? No. Performer with great music (and moves)? Yes. Did some good stuff, did some crappy stuff. It would be great to see such respect and outpouring of attention for others who give their time, lives and service for good, with little recognition...
My two cents: He was probabley one of the best entertainer's, the music world has ever seen. Didn't care for him personally, but what a performer, and I love listening to his music. Even more, now that he is gone.
My two cents: We all make choices that hurt others. We can't judge. We don't know his own personal circumstances. He was truly 'The King of Pop', and will probably never be surpassed. His children are adorable....
Oh yeah, and your baby picture at the top of the blog is sooooo cute.. Don't you just love him?
I'm cents-less.
Liked some of his music, but all this hype over him is beyond annoying!
Post a Comment