Saturday, October 4, 2008

Conference--Love it.


I have been watching conference today. My favorite talk was Elder Holland's. I cried the whole way through his talk...not sure exactly why except he was talking about some things close to my heart. I started listening to the talk after it had started but it seemed to be about the help we receive from heaven--angels and the Lord watching over us. One things he said that I loved was "The Lord will fight our battles and our children's battles and our children's, children's battles. What do we do to merit this [blessing]? Search diligently, pray always and be beliving".

On that same subject he quoted one of President Monson's favorite scriptures--it's beautiful! "...there will I be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine algels round about you, to bear you up." D&C 84:88

I know when we listen to conference--when we listen to the Prophet, President Monson, it is as if God were speaking to us. Can't wait for tomorrow. (Church in P.J.'s is fun!)


Here is a picture of President Monson--remember Carole and Missy saw him and his cute wife having breakfast at Denny's in SLC. He was just there having breakfast talking to people. No pomp and circumstance.

7 comments:

Wendell and Carole said...

That was so special to see him, he was so nice when we went up to him,and he asked about Missy's twins,like he had known us forever. Oh,by the way Mimi, congrat's on being a grandma.

Julie H said...

Congrats Gramma....that is so neat.
We only saw Sun afternoon conference. Some surprise guests showed up (not LDS)and stayed with us Sat thru sun noon.
I missed hearing it cuz last time I watched all four sessions. Will have to read the Ensign really good when it comes out.
Oh Golden Child....that cracks me up every time.
Take care--

Vera said...

Wazzz uwppp Grams? Hey, now you will start to look like me. All frumpy, saggy, face soft and smooshy, but its all worth it, cause they are the best. (Even better than your own kiddos).. I am excited for your family. Keep Brooke still though OK? She is too active and full of energy. Yeah, I loved conference too. President Monson just kind of took over that special place in your heart that was reserved for President Hinckley. Funny how that works... Love ya (you golden child, you)..

Vera said...

You know, just another comment. I have been taking an institute class from President McConkie down here. (the son of McConkie/apostle, I believe).. It is fantastic. I think I could love the scriptures if I just keep going. He makes total sense of them to me and everyone has a meaning to our day. Never, Never have I seen this as I read the scriptures. Maybe its finally my time 'TO GET IT'. hopefully, huh. Love ya Mimsldgacjpa

Julie H said...

OK--whats the inside joke with mimsldga-----?
You guys are so funny together. What a wonderful closeness with all you girls. I saw Jerry for a nano of a second at Sues funeral. Tell him hi for me. I hope he at least keeps in touch with you all. Men just think they have more important things to do than keep in touch of people...

Pyatt said...

Hey Miriam-I saw that you are going to be a grandma!! How awesome is that! lucky kid! Hope you are well...we are moving...bigger place...extra room! :) Come and visit!

Pyatt said...

Miriam--i tagged you...you have to check out my blog for details...don't you love it?