Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The surprise win!


So I was helping with a 5K and 10K race for Wasatch Mental Health a few weeks ago and Ned decided to come along. Then he decided he wanted to run in the race--since we were going to be there anyway. The morning of the race Ned was going back and forth--saying he didn't want to make a fool of himself and come in last in the race--he didn't think he would run (after he paid the intrance fee.) When we arrived he got the bug with all the runners warming up and decided he would go for it. Lo and behold, he won the 5K race in his age catagory--the "Masters" (I guess that means the old guys). It was pretty funny because he thought he would come in last, but I was so proud of him for trying and winning a medal!

7 comments:

Wendell and Carole said...

Way to go Ned. You're not old, that is a STUD MUFFIN!!!!!

Brooke B said...

YAY Ned, you Master! It just means your smarter than the rest of us, you know more experience...

brit said...

way to go ned. you dont make a very good batley....not only do you run, but you win! (wheres the after run treats?)

Vera said...

I am glad to see that Ned has joined forces with me in the running arena. I love to run any marathon. The problem is I have to hold myself back because I cannot possibly enter each and every one I want to. It sucks. Also Mimi, the way you spell intrance is 'entrance'.... I knew I was smarter than you... Ha, to heck with your Masters degree....

Julie H said...

Congrats Ned. That is neat. Sure---show us all up. Ha ha ha.
Age is relative. I am afraid I am related to a bunch of old people.

Darla said...

Good job Ned! You're the man!

Vera said...

Fine..... intrance vs entrance. What do I know? I only finished 6th grade, from there I learned all about boys....