
This picture is of Ned and myself and Mark and Nena. We were at the Three Dog Night Concert at the Scera Shell on Labor Day. Do you remember how hard it rained and hailed that day? It was fun to hear all the oldies. I remember when "Joy to the World" came out. I loved singing it--I think I was in elementary school. These men are getting up there--they gotta be in thier late 60's?? We started the summer on Memorial Day at the Scera at the America concert and ended the Summer with this concert. I really can't bear that Summer is over... I'm going to hang onto it as long as I can.
Just a word about Nena. She truly is one of bestest and oldest friends. You know, one of those friends who knows EVERYTHING about you and loves you anyway. She makes me laugh and we can talk about ANYTHING!!! We've seen each other through some really tough times. I became friends with her when we were just starting Provo High and she and a couple of others came to me and talked me into trying out for cheerleader with them. I would have never done it on my own. After much prodding, I tried out. Never been so scared in all my life. But I had a blast and I got to have Nena for my new friend.
7 comments:
Mother- that is the funniest picture of you! I laughed out loud and showed Andy immediately!
That is a cute picture. And doesn't it suck that summer is almost over, i hate the thought of SNOW..
Oh people (its a cute picture Mimi), do you have any idea how SICK #####.... of Summer I am. I cannot wait for the sun to set and to never show its insides to me again. I cannot wait for Fall. We are still hitting the 100's and if it doesn't stop soon I will be completely brittle... Yeah for Fall, and the beautiful Southern Utah weather.
Okay seriously Miriam --you are the coolest woman I know...scooters, concerts...I love it...and I myself remember my dad taking me to 3 Dog Night at the Wild Animal Park when I was in high school...who knew they were still around?? I love catching up with you in the blog world...we'll be in Provo in a few weeks...maybe we can meet and say hi...I'd love to meet your hubby!
I love the song One by Three Dog Night. You on that scooter is a great pic.
Gary and I love riding his motorcycle but it still scares me sometimes.
OK..I should know...but Nena who?
Did you get the scooter working finally? Or are you just using it as a photo prop? It's a WAY cute picture... I love it. I'm not sure about the picture of you and Ned with your friends at the concert. You're standing by the wrong people. You're not swingers are you? You can never tell about you cheerleader types.
I'm coming to Utah for conference...I would LOVE to see you!!
Post a Comment