Thursday, June 19, 2008
BACA
BACA--Bikers Against Child Abuse. J.P. Lilly started this motorcycle club as a way to empower, and protect abused children. As a young boy who was bullied, J.P. had the protection and friendship of the Hells Angels. I was able to hear J.P. speak for a couple hours the other day and he told us about that story with the Hells Angels. If BACA intimidates perpetrators in the process of helping these kids--that is even better. J.P. talked about how he does Play Therapy with children and he also talked about why and how he started BACA and he also brought two of his biker dudes in with him--Horace and Og. We got to hear what they had to say too. If you want to get on their website, they have another good video that shows some of what they do for children. Below I attached a one minute video. Love these guys. Can you imagine some child, who has to testify in court, in the presence of their abuser? Also imagine 10, 20, 30 Bikers sitting in the court room as a support to a child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I LOVED THE VIDEO. HEY, I'LL HAVE TO STOP BY YOUR BLOG MORE OFTEN, I DIDN'T REALIZE YOU WERE ACTUALLY USING IT. LOVE YA...
Post a Comment